Thursday, December 29, 2011
Thursday, November 24, 2011
For those who still think "Mullaperiyar" issue is a regional one, For those who wont see anything even it is visible, For those who doesnt have any sentiments even for themselves, For
those, who are not meant to be a human... ... What will happen to Kerala and South India if Mullaperiyar Dam breaks?
1) Under water sea cable for Internet connectivity connects India to rest of the world , thats only in Cochin. If Cochin Goes
Down, South Indian IT Hub will come to a stand still. All the gateway CISCO routers, switches etc in Kakkanad will float in
Arabian Ocean. IP packets from Bangalore, chennai etc will not cross the ocea...n.......
2) Cochin Refineries - Which refines petroleum products and services most of South India. If it is washed away, TamilNadu, Karnataka and Andhra has to find much more expensive options for Petroleum Refineries.
3) Kerala will be in complete darkness for ages, no TV, no Internet, no Mobile towers, once the Idukki hydro electric power plant is washed away, resulting from Mullaperiyar collapse.
4) Kerala... will be divided into 2 lands, impacting geography of India, and washing away an area of vast bio diversity, along
with 30 lakh people. Serving rest of the people with food and other stuffs will be an extremely tedious task.
5) Our prestigious Nedumbassery International Air port will be washed away. Port City of Cochin, will not be in world map anymore. Vallarpadam port will be a history, all of South India has to again depend on Colombo for mother ships, a very expensive option.
6) Tamil Nadu will not get water for irrigation or drinking anymore, as stored water in Mullaperiyar dam will flow to the
ocean, when the dam collapses.
7) Along its course, the water current will wash Idukki Dam, and many many Industries , Factories, IT Parks, Hospitals,
Ports, Cochin City, temples, mosques, churches etc etc to the Arabian Ocean.
8) A disaster 180 times terrific than Hiroshima. This is not exaggeration. Spread this, friends. Information is power. Kerala as well as Tamil Nadu are stakeholders in this issue.
More than us, its normal Tamil people (excluding power-hungry politicians) who need such info. We need our brothers and sisters across the border to pressurize their own politicians to consider this as a humanitarian crisis, rather than an inter-
Mullaperiyar Dam Issue-A must-see video (click here to view)
Facts about the Dam
Current Age: 116 years
Length: 438.91 m
Height: 48 m
Gross storage capacity: 15.6 TMC Ft
Probable Maximum Flood (PMF) : 6004 cumecs
Date of lease agreement: Oct 29, 1886
Year of Construction: 1895
Building material: Lime surkhi mortar
The dam is on the verge of collapsing anytime. There have been over 20 small quakes in the last few months. The dam was built to last 50 years but it's over 116 years now. Those residing on the banks are living in fear. This will put the life of over 40 lakh people in danger.
In India the attitude is never precautionary its always reactionary, when the dam eventually collapses it will kill indians and only indians. If the dam has lived its life we need to make sure that a new dam is contructed. Kerala has no problem in sharing the water and there is Supreme court if someone comes up with ulterior motive.
Our Minister PJ Joseph said, Kerala didn't want a single drop of water from Mullaperiyar but they have to ensure the safety of Keralites. The dam is 116 year old and built with a prime technology. The major part of the building material is lime. And the lifespan of these type dam is just 50 years. Possibly there are hollow spaces in it.
Dear Tamilians you are treating Kerala like your enimies. Kerala never said water will not give to Tamil Nadu. For now please save people, wild life and forest.
Posted by KCYMVF COMMITTEE at 10:32 PM
We are very much thankful to the Directors, Animators and Office Bearers of each units for making our convention a grand success! Special thanks to Rev. Dr. George Thanathuparambil and entire Kadalikad KCYM unit members and Diocesan Committee Director and Animator, Gen. Secretary, members, other Forane leaders who encouraged us with their esteemed presence and support.
|Inauguration by lighting the lamp by Rev. Dr. George Thanathuparambil in the presence of Afina Mary Saju, Sini Augustine, Fr. George Chemparathy, Adv. Charley Paul, Cris Thomas and Aju Jose|
|The talk on Paths of Youth starts...|
|Adv. Charley Paul with his inspiring words..|
|Diocesan Director Rev. Dr. Joseph Kochuparambil, Rijo John-Gen. Secretary, Jithil, Aju and Anu - Encouraging presence|
|Flag hoisting by Sini Augustine, Vice President|
|Director Rev. Fr. George Chemparathy|
|Inaugural message by Rev. Dr. George Thanathuparambil, Unit Director|
|Congrats to the winners...|
|... and second prize goes to...|
|Rev. Sr. Jismitha|
Posted by KCYMVF COMMITTEE at 3:27 AM
Monday, November 14, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
1:00 PM - KCYM VF EXECUTIVE MEETING
3:00 PM- JOINT MEETING OF MUVATTUPUZHA-ARAKUZHA-VAZHAKULAM FORANE COMMITTEES WITH UNIT PRESIDENTS AND SECRETARIES
|Presidential address by Cris Thomas, KCYMVF|
|Welcome by Jinto Xavier, Programme Co-ordinator|
|Rev. Fr. John Kadavan, Director-KCYM Mvpa Forane|
|A view of the audience|
Posted by KCYMVF COMMITTEE at 11:32 PM
- SAVE KERALA FROM MULLAPERIYAR...
- RESPONSE OF OUR UNITS
- RESULT OF THE FEEDBACK ON THE CONVENTION
- ORUMA 2011 - THANKS TO ALL FOR MAKING IT A GRAND S...
- Welcome all...
- Congrats Vazhakulam!
- Debate and Youth Meet in News
- Welcome to 'ORUMA' ..Don't Miss it !!
- KCYMVF Ex. Meeting at Kadalikad 6-11-11
- You are invited
- Muvattupuzha District-A distant dream?!
- ► November (12)